Engages students in the teaching/learning process; works assigned schedule, participates in College committee work, represents the College in the community, and performs other related duties as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirement of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and teaches courses that fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
Remains current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in
achieving course goals and objectives.
Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
Determines and submits students’ grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
Supports the mission of the program, division, and College.
PROGRAM AREA RESPONSIBILITIES (as applicable):
Responsible for teaching various Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning courses. Course descriptions can be located in our catalog which is available at www.terra.edu. Look for the course prefix: REF.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations.
• Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
• Associates Degree in HVAC or related field required. Bachelors and/or Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years teaching experience required, preferably at the college level.
• Experience in the workforce is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (as applicable):
• As needed.
Location/Region: Fremont, OH (US)