Follows proper techniques and methods according to recipes and preps menu items. Assists with efficient set-ups and food safety. Assists with preparation and cooking for any catered events. Assists in receiving of all products and ensures proper rotation. Cleans and sanitizes all station equipment before and after use. Sweeps and mops areas and ensures client experience is the best it can be. Catering Services Associate responsibilities include dishwasher, server, cook, and prep cook duties. This is a part-time position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee must maintain good personal hygiene/uniform. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Follows recipes accurately and maintains food preparation processes such as cooking, marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; chopping herbs, dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables.
Completes hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion.
Prepares food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume.
Maintains appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels for catered events.
Maintains proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food.
Provides friendly, fast, and quality customer service to each customer.
Cleans equipment thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to sanitation guidelines. Follows sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day. Consistently and accurately uses prep sheets, cleanliness list, and station checklists
Completes other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain professional appearance at all times
• Ability to maintain a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
• Provides exceptional customer service
• Adapts to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
• Demonstrates a complete understanding of the menu
• Able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
• Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required;
• Two to three years related experience and/or training strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (as applicable):
• ServSafe Food Handler, preferred
Location/Region: Fremont, OH (US)