Engages students in the teaching/learning process in both seated and online formats; works assigned schedule, represents the College in the community, and performs other related duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and teaches courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
Works effectively with students and challenges students appropriately with an acceptable level of civility and discourse.
Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
Determines and submits students’ grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
Demonstrates knowledge of current trends in assigned program or discipline. Remains current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
Supports the mission of the program, division, and College.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations
• Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules
• Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail
• Proficient with learning management systems
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students
• Demonstrated ability to advise students
• Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Education, or related field required. Masters preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the office administration field required.
• Minimum of two years teaching experience strongly preferred, preferably at the college level.
• Demonstrated customer service skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Most current Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred.
Location/Region: Fremont, OH (US)