Engages students in the teaching/learning process; works assigned schedule.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirement of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and teaches courses that fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
Remains current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
Maintains posted office hours in accordance with departmental and College policies.
Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in
achieving course goals and objectives.
Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
Determines and submits students’ grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
Supports the mission of the program, division, and College.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations.
• Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
• Master’s degree in Biology or related Life Science field, such as Physiology, which support teaching of Biology related topics.
• Previous college teaching experience preferred.
Location/Region: Fremont, OH (US)