ProMedica Health System is a locally owned, nonprofit healthcare organization serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Driven by our Mission to improve the health and well-being of area residents, we offer a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, and women’s and children’s services. Today, ProMedica – a committed team of dedicated experts, passionate volunteers and inspired advocates – is recognized nationally for the consistent, high-level care that we provide our communities. Position Summary
The Maintenance Worker maintains/repairs plumbing systems, equipment, beds and buildings, boiler operation and repair, pumps, motors, compressor, (air and vac), small equipment, inside and outside hospital properties. Will be called on to paint as needed. (Excludes contract equipment repair and bio-medical equipment repair). Maintains records of work completed. May be required to work “on-call” hours, as needed. This individual provides superior customer service with the goal of exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years necessary. Good basic plumbing and electrical skills required. Good mechanical aptitude and ability, and knowledge of boiler operation.
- Six months to one year of on the job training.
- : Knowledgeable and aware of EPA standards, OSHA standards, NFPA standards, Basic Ohio Builders standards, JCAHO standards. Can read blueprint and wire diagrams.
- Skills and equipment used in this position include a personal computer, hand and power tools, chemical lab and test equipment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace Employee Exemption Type Non-Exempt Job Type Full-time Budgeted Hours / Pay Period 80 Shift Type Days Shift Hours Weekends On-call Requirements Additional Schedule Details
Location/Region: Fostoria, OH (US)