The Web and New Media Developer/Designer manages all aspects of design, development and maintenance of multiple University web sites, videos, and multimedia and interactive products targeting a variety of audiences. This position provides web statistics reporting and analysis to continuously improve navigation, accessibility and usability and conducts product capability studies to select most efficient tools for University clients. This position contributes to the overall brand, identity and marketing strategy for social media, email campaigns, online promotions, internal communications, intranet function and special projects involving animation, video, audio and broadcast commercials.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of design, development and maintenance of multiple University web sites targeting a variety of audiences. Works independently with central and departmental Information Technology departments and serve as member of multiple University Web Advisory Committees. Needs to be familiar with Content Managed Web Systems, Distance Education, Social Networks, HTML, CSS, JQUERY, Video, Flash, Browser interfaces, mobile interfaces, media types and file compression techniques.
- Design or create video, multimedia and custom graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs as well as continuously improve navigation, accessibility, usability and brand image of electronic-marketing tools and communications.
- Contributes to the overall electronic-marketing strategy by implementing, tracking, testing and analyzing products and vendor based solutions for web sites, email campaigns, online promotions, interactive communications tools and special projects.
- Works collaboratively with other staff members (Marketing & Communications, Colleges, Program Directors, University leadership, ITS, and others) to meet business goals, user needs and deadlines.
- Keeps current with industry trends and technology, and independently learns new technology as needed.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Web site design, development and maintenance experience
- Experience implementing email campaigns, online promotions and surveys
- Solid Experience in electronic and print design and layout skills
- Resourceful self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines
- An eye for detail and dedication to quality
- Ability to set priorities and achieve goals while managing multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed
Bachelor's Degree required in Communications, Web Development or Visual Communications Technology.
Also the following experience is required:
- One year experience in website design, development and maintenance
- One year experience in creative software
- Experience in content management systems.
- Experience in video editing, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
About this company
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”
Location/Region: Bowling Green, OH