OFFICE MANAGER – NEUROLOGY DEPARTMENT – BOWLING GREEN OFFICE
This position may travel between multiple offices (BG, Fostoria, and maybe Defiance) for the practice.
The primary responsibility is to ensure that the office operates effectively and efficiently and to manage the performance of employees.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delegate responsibilities to others and assure that staff members are performing their functions correctly.
- Complete necessary payroll forms and authorize/deny overtime or PTO time requests.
- Monitor and improve, when necessary, employee morale.
- Effectively communicate with the Drs. and staff and keep them updated on issues of concern.
- Attend medical office manager meetings.
- Maintain personal relations with patients and address and resolve patient complaints or concerns.
- Monitor the office’s operation and make adjustments in order to improve upon patient care, ergonomics, employee relations, etc.
- Maintains adequate equipment and supplies and acquires proper approval for capital expenditures.
- Develops goals (in conjunction with physicians) and follows through to completion.
- Complete medical coding paperwork and/or handle collections.
- Analyze and interpret department financials and assist with budget formation.
- Perform clinical and/or clerical work for the betterment of the medical office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Medical related certification, Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years previous medical office experience required.
- Adheres to, and ensures department’s compliance with, the clinic’s policies and procedures and governing rules and regulations.
- Maintains awareness of the department’s budget and works within the budgetary figures.
- Effectively recruits, retains, disciplines and trains staff.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- May require travel if working in a multi-location practice.
- Supervisory experience in a medical environment strongly preferred.
The position will primarily be located at 960 West Wooster Street, Bowling Green, OH 43402
The work scheduled hours are M-F (8am - 5pm).
Location/Region: Bowling Green, OH (US - 43402)