SUMMARY: Procures materials, equipment or services based on assigned commodities (Chemicals). Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives. Participates in major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices. Team member on new product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the negotiated cost on all contract and/or raw materials in the designated area of Commodity Management
- Establish multiple supply points to assure adequate supply when necessary.
- Monitor market drivers and trends associated with assigned commodity area.
- Interface with Supply Base to ensure quality standards meet and exceed requirements.
- Support Material Planner(s) as it relates to individual commodities.
- Participates in cross functional team activities for New Product Introduction.
- Conduct appropriate market research for assigned commodities and services.
- Research and prepare Commodity Briefs and Source Plans for different spend areas identified.
- Develop and maintain a program of evaluation for the supplier base which includes certification requirements.
- Coordinate with Material Planner(s) to generate plan for slow moving or obsolete inventory.
- Other duties as determined or required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Chemical experience a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills
- APICS certification preferred
- Must have the ability to become familiar with the Plant Operations and Warehouse Inventory
Betco, in its 68th year, is a world-class leader in facility solutions. Our mission to create cleaning innovations that matter for healthier environments is based on improving the way facilities approach their cleaning and maintenance programs. This can only be accomplished by manufacturing the very best solutions.
Betco has grown exponentially and now offers hundreds of chemical and equipment solutions, comprehensive market programs and industry-leading training resources for end users and sales professionals.
Location/Region: Bowling Green, OH (US)