FACILITIES AND LAWN CARE SPECIALIST
Pay Grade: 2
Starting Salary: $10.29/hr
Reports To: Operations Manager
Classification: Intermediate - Employee has supervisory responsibilities relating to seasonal and part-time staff, interns, and volunteers. Employee has the authority to recommend any reward or disciplinary actions necessary.
The position of Facilities and Lawn Care Specialist involves public relations, and general maintenance duties. The position directly involves but is not limited to the following illustrative duties:
- Performs maintenance duties including: litter/trash pickup, grounds maintenance,
mowing, weed control, snow removal, landscaping/pruning, cleaning and maintaining restrooms and building/rental facilities.
2. Will be required to operate a variety of equipment, including but not limited to the following; stationary and portable power tools such as saws, drills, table saw, router, chain saws, and weed eaters; heavy equipment such as tractors, mowers, and chipper.
- Performs routine safety inspections on playground equipment and insures any necessary repairs are completed.
- Wears uniform that will be expected to be kept neat and clean. The uniform must be worn at all times while on duty.
5. Operates the Otsego Canoe Livery.
- Works flexible hours, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. including routinely working weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to routinely lift 80lbs.
- Performs all lawn equipment and mower maintenance, maintains equipment logs and coordinates equipment repairs.
- Must be able to safely operate a truck and mow trailer combination.
10. Keeps current on safety practices and on the safe and efficient use of equipment.
11. Serves as a member of various Tactical Objective teams.
12. Assists the Operations Manager in conducting equipment and supply inventories.
13. Maintains current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager, Assistant Director or Director that are deemed appropriate and necessary for the position.
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Preferred qualifications include computer literacy and previous knowledge of the operation of various tools and construction equipment.
- Must complete the N.C. State Maintenance Management Program within 2 years of hire.
- May be required to complete National Playground Safety Institute Certified Playground Inspector training within two years of hire and keep current on training.
Location/Region: Bowling Green, OH (US - 43402)