Date Posted: 2/13/2018 Employment Status: Regular Full Time Job Code: OME6 Location: Real Estate Loans Production 6400UB Address: 401 S. Sandusky Avenue City: Bucyrus State: OH Zip Code: 44820 Country: United States of America Category: United Bank Description
Solicit and originate various types of mortgage loans, cross-sell services to our mortgage customers and maintain a portfolio from which to solicit new business and referrals RESPONSIBILITIES
- Originate portfolio loans, government loans, HELOCs (Home Equity Line of Credit), and fixed rate loans which are sold in secondary market
- Responsible for origination volume as outlined in the profit plan
- Perform a variety of tasks directed at generating new business and servicing the needs of existing customers for the Marion County and Delaware County markets
- Participate in Builder and Realtor activities as a source of soliciting and maintaining existing and new customers
- Originate profitable and high quality loan business from new and existing customers
- Comply with lending procedures, policies, and regulations
- Perform pre-underwriting on loan files to comply with Freddie Mac guidelines, Mortgage Insurance guidelines or specific product requirements and bank specific details
- Individually and if applicable, as a manager, participates in identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and mitigating departmental and enterprise-wide risks
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to Bank’s compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies and procedures and apply them to daily tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven lending experience and knowledge of various mortgage loan products
- Willingness to stay current on industry issues and new practices, and attend continuing education and seminars
- Willingness to be involved in local community activities and/or organizations in order to develop new business
- Willingness to call on realtors, builders, businesses and prospects to identify and attract new bank customers
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, word and outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of loan programs such as Premier Navigator and Encompass
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines
- Able to meets deadlines on a consistent basis
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and have strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work independently, be self-motivated and adapt well to change
- Deliver consistent, high level of service within our Service Excellence guidelines
EQUIPMENT AND PROGRAMS USED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and/or bank specific software such as ITI Premier Navigator, Encompass, etc. and general office equipment
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in mortgage underwriting field required
- NMLS licensure required
- Strong realtor contacts established in the Marion and Delaware County markets
- Thorough understanding of Park National Corporation and PNB policies, procedures and specific operational procedures and reconciliation processes preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in lending and mortgage loan products
Office hours are Monday through Friday 830am to 6pm. Saturday 8am to 2pm. This position is salary non-exempt, and full-time. Some evening and weekend hours may be required based up on client needs.
The expected hours for full-time salary, non-exempt positions is 44-48 per week. A minimum 40 hours is required and the average number of Saturdays per month is 2.POTENTIAL CAREER PATH FOR THIS POSITIONLoan OriginatorAdministrative OfficerBanking OfficerAssistant V.P.
Park National Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Bank to hire well-qualified people. An integral part of this policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons for employment. It is also part of our policy to recruit and administer hiring, working conditions, benefits, privileges of employment, compensation, training, appointments for advancement including promotions and transfers, and terminations of employment for all associates without discrimination because of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, or handicap.
Park National Corporation’s Affirmative Action Plan for handicapped workers, disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans is available for review Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Human Resources Office at 51 N. Third Street, 6th Floor, Newark, OH 43055.
Location/Region: Bucyrus, OH (US)