Cleans and maintains the college’s buildings and classrooms to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of the students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally:
• Works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleans lobbies, offices, corridors, elevators, stairways, classrooms, entrances, etc
• Provides detailed cleaning consisting of total wipe down of all areas, stripping, sealing, waxing of all resilient floors; carpet and rug vacuuming; window washing and computer screen cleaning; dusting of furniture and equipment, and other cleaning as deemed necessary.
• Sanitizes and cleans restrooms and re-stocks paper supplies
• Assists in event set-ups and dismantling of tables and chairs for college and community functions
• Assists in entrance and walkway snow removal
• Assists with paper and cardboard recycling
• Secures and unlocks buildings and classrooms as needed
• Reports maintenance problems when discovered
• Assists in maintaining and updating procedural manual when needed
• Assists with building evacuations when necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of chemical usage
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Ability to work with others
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
• High school diploma/GED Required
• 1 year of experience preferred
• Environmental certificates on an as needed basis, such as bathroom sanitation, carpet cleaning, chemical usage, etc.
Location/Region: Fremont, OH (US)