Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 7369
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Toledo, OH
State or Province : Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location : United States : Ohio : Tiffin
LOCATION: Marion, OH
This is a critical MSC role that is located at a customer location to support large strategic accounts. This associate will be expected to offer excellent service to drive long-term customer satisfaction. Responsibilities will include assisting our customers with Procurement and Order placement and managing our MSC ControlPoint Solutions (Vending, VMI, Crib) to drive the MSC value with these customers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent Customer Service skills required by assisting in customer order placement, quoting, sourcing, and cost savings initiatives.
- Manage the MSC ControlPoint Solutions – ordering, put away, and optimization.
- Customer engagement required in plant or production meetings, strategic initiative projects, or lean/Six Sigma events.
- Collaborate with the account team to maximize customer satisfaction and future projects
- Connected with our Category Team on product and supplier projects to support our mission to drive savings and improvement on the customer’s shop floor
- Resolves on-site customer product and service issues by providing sales-related solutions utilizing common and alternative sources of information.
- Communicates customer concerns to management to ensure the most effective and lasting problem resolution.
- Builds customer relationships via exceptional levels of service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Metalworking knowledge and experience is a plus but not always required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years inbound/ outbound telephone sales, outside sales, or customer service experience required.
- Industry experience preferred.
Computer literacy and proficiency with email, various internet browsers and/or the Windows operating system required. Excellent problem-solving skills are required. Excellent customer service and sales skills are required. Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required. Working Industrial knowledge preferred.
Ability to lift items of up to 50 pounds required as needed. A valid driver’s license is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family’s health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Location/Region: Tiffin, OH